Call (480) 664-8827 Today for Our Chandler Martial Arts Lesson Info
Chandler Martial Arts for Beginners, Kids & Adults
Read what parents are saying about
Chandler Martial Arts
View our Chandler martial arts location in a larger map.
Sandoval Freestyle Karate provides martial arts classes to students ranging from toddlers and grade school students to teenagers and adults in Chandler, plus we offer family karate discounts. The types of martial arts taught at SFK’s Chandler karate school include: taekwondo, American kenpo, and kick-boxing. Our Chandler martial arts school teaches students to build upon their physical capabilities, tune into their mental abilities, and sharpen their natural instincts when it comes to physical altercation.View Special Offer!
Our Chandler martial arts classes are divided into age groups and by belt level. Students start by first achieving their white belt and progressively work towards becoming an official member of the Sandoval Freestyle Karate Black Belt Team.
In order to test for belt advancement, students must learn specific forms, katas, and self-defense moves based on their skill level. Advanced belts must also learn to use weapons, such as the staff, nunchucks, kamas, sais, Eskrima sticks, and sword.
To learn more about martial arts lessons in Chandler for either yourself or a child, please click here to contact us or call (480) 503-3788.
Click here to view our Gilbert martial arts school location.
Reasons to Become a Chandler Martial Arts Practitioner
1. Self Defense
- Learn to protect yourself from an attacker through repetitive practice of self-defense maneuvers.
- Study self-defense moves that will help you on the job or find employment in law enforcement and security positions.
- Learn to subdue an opponent with and without inflicting serious damage.
2. Self Discipline
- Improve your listening skills by acting when instructed to.
- Improve your motor skills by working eye-hand and eye-foot coordination.
- Improve your interpersonal skills by interacting with instructors and peers on a verbal and physical level.
3. Health & Wellness
- Lose weight by burning calories through intensive physical exercise and training.
- Improve mobility and flexibility through stretching legs, arms, abdomen, and torso.
- Become stronger mentally and emotionally by building confidence in oneself.
4. Use & Defend Against Weapons
- Study proper movement and motion for attacking and defending such weapons as the staff, nunchucks, kamas, sais, Eskrima sticks, and sword.
- Learn multiple tactics to disarm an opponent with a weapon (including gun).
- Discover how to study your surroundings and make use of available weapons.
5. Stop Bullying
- Build strength both mentally and physically that will give you the courage to overcome being bullied.
- Learn how to properly defend strikes – punches, kicks, headbutts, etc., and holds – headlock, bear hug, full nelson, etc.
- Create new, long-lasting friendships with your martial arts peers based on honor and mutual respect for one another.
6. Family Activity
- Build family bonds by practicing and teaching each other at the karate school and at home.
- Get a family discount with 2nd family members receiving a 20% discount and 3rd family members receiving a 30% discount.
- Spend more time with the ones you love and share in each other’s interests.
7. To Compete
- Enter in Sandoval Freestyle Karate martial arts tournaments in Phoenix and compete with equally skilled martial artists.
- Focus your skills on one event or show the world you’ve mastered multiple areas of martial arts, such as sparring, forms, weapons, etc.
- Have fun training and competing in a sport that you are passionate about.
Martial Arts in Chandler, AZ
Martial arts is a term typically used to define various forms of Oriental combat. When talked about today, martial arts refer to modern sport and different types of exercises based around specific types of ancient fighting disciplines. In recent years, interest in martial arts has grown exponentially, especially for kids and youth. Adults seeking health-promoting exercise are also gravitating towards the sport; often getting the whole family involved. On top of being a great form of cardiovascular exercise, martial arts is excellent for your overall health and balance, plus it has been proven to have a psychological effect that gives practitioners an improved sense of well being. Martial arts has shown to have a positive influence on at-risk youth, even acting as a form of modality for violent teens.