Call (480) 503-3788 Today for Our Gilbert Martial Arts Lesson Info
Gilbert Martial Arts for Beginners, Kids & Adults
Read what parents are saying about
Gilbert Martial Arts
View our Gilbert martial arts location in a larger map.
Sandoval Freestyle Karate provides martial arts classes to students ranging from toddlers and grade school students to teenagers and adults in Gilbert, plus we offer family karate discounts. The types of martial arts taught at SFK’s Gilbert karate school include: taekwondo, American kenpo, and kick-boxing. Our Gilbert martial arts school teaches students to build upon their physical capabilities, tune into their mental abilities, and sharpen their natural instincts when it comes to physical altercation.View Special Offer!
Our Gilbert martial arts classes are divided into age groups and by belt level. Students start by first achieving their white belt and progressively work towards becoming an official member of the Sandoval Freestyle Karate Black Belt Team.
In order to test for belt advancement, students must learn specific forms, katas, and self-defense moves based on their skill level. Advanced belts must also learn to use weapons, such as the staff, nunchucks, kamas, sais, Eskrima sticks, and sword.
To learn more about martial arts lessons in Gilbert for either yourself or a child, please click here to contact us or call (480) 503-3788.
Click here to view our Chandler martial arts school location.
Reasons to Become a Gilbert Martial Arts Practitioner
1. Self Defense
- Learn to protect yourself from an attacker through repetitive practice of self-defense maneuvers.
- Study self-defense moves that will help you on the job or find employment in law enforcement and security positions.
- Learn to subdue an opponent with and without inflicting serious damage.
2. Self Discipline
- Improve your listening skills by acting when instructed to.
- Improve your motor skills by working eye-hand and eye-foot coordination.
- Improve your interpersonal skills by interacting with instructors and peers on a verbal and physical level.
3. Health & Wellness
- Lose weight by burning calories through intensive physical exercise and training.
- Improve mobility and flexibility through stretching legs, arms, abdomen, and torso.
- Become stronger mentally and emotionally by building confidence in oneself.
4. Use & Defend Against Weapons
- Study proper movement and motion for attacking and defending such weapons as the staff, nunchucks, kamas, sais, Eskrima sticks, and sword.
- Learn multiple tactics to disarm an opponent with a weapon (including gun).
- Discover how to study your surroundings and make use of available weapons.
5. Stop Bullying
- Build strength both mentally and physically that will give you the courage to overcome being bullied.
- Learn how to properly defend strikes – punches, kicks, headbutts, etc., and holds – headlock, bear hug, full nelson, etc.
- Create new, long-lasting friendships with your martial arts peers based on honor and mutual respect for one another.
6. Family Activity
- Build family bonds by practicing and teaching each other at the karate school and at home.
- Get a family discount with 2nd family members receiving a 20% discount and 3rd family members receiving a 30% discount.
- Spend more time with the ones you love and share in each other’s interests.
7. To Compete
- Enter in Sandoval Freestyle Karate martial arts tournaments in Phoenix and compete with equally skilled martial artists.
- Focus your skills on one event or show the world you’ve mastered multiple areas of martial arts, such as sparring, forms, weapons, etc.
- Have fun training and competing in a sport that you are passionate about.
Martial Arts in Gilbert, AZ
Martial arts are different forms of combat that have been practiced for thousands of years. The basic principle behind all types of martial arts is to study offensive and defensive fighting systems. Fighting systems include hand-to-hand forms of combat, both with and without weapons. Most martial arts practiced today are derived from Oriental disciplines, modified for self-defense, sport, and recreational exercise. A common practice for the majority of martial arts schools is to incorporate mental and meditative training. There are multiple health benefit one can achieve when performing martial arts, such as aerobic exercise, balance and coordination, and even the psychological effect of improved sense of well being. The correlation between martial arts and positive personal transformation makes the sport ideal for troubled teens.